PE & Sports Premium
What is the PE and sport premium?
The PE and sport premium is a government funding stream designed to help primary schools improve the quality of PE and sport activities they offer.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in the school.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on making additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we provide. We have the freedom to choose how we feel our money is best spent, however it should:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improments now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The total funding made available to us via instalments throughout the financial year will total £9170 for 2016/17. This figure was reached by the DfE by using information reported in the January Census.
Possible uses for the funding (cited by the DfE) include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
The school’s commitment to improving provision is evident in the substantial amounts allocated from other budget areas (P.E budget, salaries, capital funds, etc).
Please click on the buttons below to learn how Godolphin Infant School are improving their provision for PE and sport: